Welcome to the Human Rights Forum "Power Through Action". The Forum is a unique opportunity to meet with like minded LGBTI activists, academics and those committed to social change from across the Asia Pacific region. As well as a fantastic line up of key note speakers and workshop facilitators the program will be enhanced by the Queer Histories Symposium and Transactivism training. Don't miss this rare opportunity to engage with LGBTI people from the Asia Pacific region and beyond in dialogue, debate, and solidarity.
Wednesday 14th May to Friday 16th May
View the Forum Program HERE.
To ensure social inclusion, participation and freedom from discrimination and human rights abuses for all people whatever sexual orientation, sex and/or gender diversity.
The conference themes are:
- Being heard
- Making connections
- Harnessing our energy for change
- Supporting young emerging leaders
- Building movements for change
The Power Through Action forum aims to:
- Increase awareness of and highlight critical human rights abuses for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex across the Asia Pacific region;
- Recognise the importance of our stories by providing opportunities to share our lived experience;
- Build and share strategies for personal and social change – skill based learning, tools and resources;
- Provide opportunities to highlight our humanity and explore our diversity;
- Build a human rights watch capability; and
- Commit to building a mentoring/leadership program across the Asia Pacific region with a focus on emerging leaders.
Special thanks to Gullawun (Roque Lee) for designing the artwork on the Human Rights Forum logo.
We acknowledge the traditional owners the Larrakia people on whose land we will be holding this important event and significant role Indigenous people have across our Asia Pacific region.